Sunday, February 19, 2012

The start of my farmer days :)

Lately I've decided I want to save money by making my own everyday food and household items. Just a few things were bread and butter.    I think some of us remember making butter out of heavy whipping cream and shaking it up in a jar. That's one possibility and the other is to use an electric mixer. Basically mix one quart of heavy whipping cream  until you see it go from whipped to a liquid with your butter floating in it. You can dump the buttermilk or reserve for later. Knead the butter getting all the milk out and tada, homemade butter! If your using it for later put ice water over it and continue to knead. For the bread I went to this site http://m.thesimpledollar.com/2007/11/04/homemade-bread-cheap-delicious-healthy-and-easier-than-you-think/. It was really easy and delicious. Keep in mind though that you will have to have about 3 hours set away to get this done but its well worth it. Follow Me on Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment