Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rocky Road Ice Cream



So I recently inherited or more like got as a gift a ice cream attachment for my Kitchen Aid Mixer. Ever since then it been an ice cream frenzy over here and boy am I glad with this hot weather. One of my first attempts of course was Rocky Road because of course it is my fave! Well now I am doing it again as a request for father's day from my father in law. Since it turned out so great I thought I would share it all with you!


  • 1 (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
  • 1 cup low fat chocolate milk
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup marshmallows
In a medium saucepan over low heat, cook and stir condensed milk and cocoa until smooth and slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Remove from heat , and allow to cool slightly. Stir in heavy cream, chocolate milk , and vanilla. Refrigerate until cold.


Pour mixture into the canister of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in nuts and marshmallows halfway through the freezing process.




Links:
I Heart Nap Time

No comments:

Post a Comment