Hope everyone has had an enjoyable weekend! Mine was busy as usual but fun! My husband and I went to a State Competition for a high-school band that he helps. Unfortunately it was the end of the road for them and they didn't make it to Super State but they all had a great time anyway! Since these kids have captured my heart I decided to make cookies for them. I got the recipe from Better Crocker. Its really simple and it delicious!
You will need:
1 sugar cookie package
1 egg
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tbsp. flour
1/4 cup powdered cocoa
green food coloring
1 tsp. mint extract
Mix cookie mix, egg and butter together. Now separate into two pieces. Add the food coloring, extract and 2 tbsp. flour in one, and cocoa in the other.
Roll out chocolate dough on wax or parchment paper, place wax paper on top, roll mint dough out and place another wax paper on top. I placed the dough in the freezer for 30 minutes to and hour.
Now take out and place the mint on top of the chocolate dough. Start rolling and wrap in wax paper. Place back in freezer for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350° about 30 minutes before you take the dough out. Take dough out and cut into slices. It makes about 20 cookies. I did 6 cookies per cookie sheet and for 15 minutes. Let cool before you ice.
I just used Pillsbury vanilla frosting because of the amount of cookies I was making and didn't want to be baking til the crack of dawn. :) My plan was to use these cool edible markers I got for my birthday, but for some reason even after all the time spent trying to harden them enough it was just a no go. I ended up piping on 60 cookies until midnight " State 2012". :)

You will need:
1 sugar cookie package
1 egg
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tbsp. flour
1/4 cup powdered cocoa
green food coloring
1 tsp. mint extract
Mix cookie mix, egg and butter together. Now separate into two pieces. Add the food coloring, extract and 2 tbsp. flour in one, and cocoa in the other.
Roll out chocolate dough on wax or parchment paper, place wax paper on top, roll mint dough out and place another wax paper on top. I placed the dough in the freezer for 30 minutes to and hour.
Now take out and place the mint on top of the chocolate dough. Start rolling and wrap in wax paper. Place back in freezer for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350° about 30 minutes before you take the dough out. Take dough out and cut into slices. It makes about 20 cookies. I did 6 cookies per cookie sheet and for 15 minutes. Let cool before you ice.
I just used Pillsbury vanilla frosting because of the amount of cookies I was making and didn't want to be baking til the crack of dawn. :) My plan was to use these cool edible markers I got for my birthday, but for some reason even after all the time spent trying to harden them enough it was just a no go. I ended up piping on 60 cookies until midnight " State 2012". :)
No comments:
Post a Comment