Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Hope everyone has fun tonight doing whatever your plans are! I'll be handing out candy to the little one's with my in-laws. I did my fun partying this past weekend with my sister's in-laws. My husband and I dressed up as Lucille Ball and Ricky Ricardo.  It was so much fun!
Some of the goodies I brought for them to enjoy were pumpkin deviled eggs and pumpkin spice cookies.  The deviled eggs are just a basic recipe with food coloring added. Then I just sprinkled chives for the stem and sweet paprika.
Deviled eggs
•18 eggs
•2 tbsp of mayo (adjust to amount of eggs )
•2 tbsp of mustard
•sprinkle of sweet paprika
•chives
Boil the eggs for 30 minutes. Pour out hot water and run cool water over the eggs. This is just to cool them enough too handle.  I found it better to slide the shell off when they are still warm.
Cut in half and scoop out yolk.  Place in separate bowl. Now get another bowl and place about 4 cups of water, one cup of vinegar and food coloring. Let set for as long as you would like the orange.
Mix the mayo, mustard and food coloring together.  Now take the eggs and scoop the mixture into them. Sprinkle chives and paprika. Enjoy!
Pumpkin spice cookies
• 2 1/4 cup flour
• 2/3 powered sugar
• 1/3 sugar
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1 tbsp. vanilla
• 2 tbsp. pumpkin spice
• 1 1/4 cup butter
Place all the dry ingredients together.  Cut the butter into the dry ingredients and then add the vanilla. Now split the dough in half. Place in two separate bowls.  Make one orange and the other black. You can do whatever color you'd like.  Roll each onto it own wax paper and lay in the freezer for 30 minutes. 
Take out both pieces and lay on top of each other. Roll the dough. If you'd like roll in orange sprinkles like I did.  Place back in for 15 minutes.  Preheat oven to 350°. 
Cut the cookies into slices and place on parchement lined pans. Bake for 15 minutes and take out. Let cool for 10 minutes.  Enjoy!
Have a Spooktacular Halloween Everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment