Thursday, October 25, 2012

Capture Your Grief 2012

Here I am playing catch up with this as well. I want to really do this because I do believe it's helping in some ways. I apologize again if this is not your cup of tea. I'm doing this for myself or anyone else that has jumped onto this unhappy train ride. It's one that you really wish you could get off at anytime, but God has a different plan and you just have to hold on tight. That's how I feel right now at this moment. I find myself looking at my some what empty home (I say that because my husband and loving pets live here. :) ) and wishing it were different. Almost like nothing I do will make a difference or matter until we get what we want. Well enough ranting, here's what I missed.

On day 19 it was what kind of projects have you worked on since your losses. I've only done little projects such as the prayer flag, passing out ribbons to show awareness and making clay figures for their memorial. I know in my heart I want to do more. When I see how excited people get because you care so much about them, that is what makes me happy at this moment and time.

For day 20 we are suppose to share a charity that has touched us on this journey. I'm going to be honest I've found a ton of good websites to go on and they have all touched me in some way, shape or form. I would have to say that Carly Marie's Project Heal is at the top of the list. It was the first one that I came across that I keep going back to and refer anyone who has lost a loved one to. You will meet lots of wonderful people and feel more at home. Now I know this is about pregnancy or infant loss but I want to share this site anyway because I know there are people out there that have heard those horrible words " You won't be able to have children". I came across this wonderful site where this amazing young lady helps parents adopt by selling ornaments, Just a Small Town Girl
Just a Small Town Girl

On day 21 we are supposed to share a altar/sacred space. Our's is in the dining room, it's small but I feel like  they are still apart of us with that space there.

Day 22 was who took care of me. Obviously because I've only experienced early miscarriages it was mostly up to my, but along side me all the way was my husband. Can't say I was the best patient at times, but I'm thankful that he understood. :)

Those are chocolate cigars. :) 
Day 23 is their names or photos.


On day 24 we have to share about their siblings or ours. Since of course we have no living children I will share about my husband's and my siblings. My sister's were at first not sure what to say. It didn't help that a couple week's later one of them announced they were pregnant. I felt like when she approached me I was being told bad news. So for a while I felt I had to be stronger and let a lot of things just roll off my shoulders.  I'm glad now that they are starting to come around and listen a little more. My husband has a brother and sister. I don't remember what his brother's reaction was, but his sister asked me " Why does this keep happening " She was concerned and I think crushed. 

 

Finally day 25 we are supposed to share what we got as a blessing/baby shower gift. Of course we have never made it that far, but for the first lost I had bought white slippers and "Twas The Night Before Christmas".

 

Thank you everyone for listening! Have a wonderful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment