Today we are suppose to post a picture after our loss. I've experienced multiple losses, but felt the first loss would be the most significant. After all it was the one that has left us on this downward spiral.
I will admit right now that I'm loving this project! I remember when we lost our first child and it was the hardest. I decided to shut it all in for my husband's sake since he was taking it harder and not necessarily act like it didn't happen, but try to smile and see it in a different light. I never really grieved, which made it especially harder when I found out a couple weeks later after it happens my sister was expecting. I don't think I ever tried so hard to put on my happy face. This project has given me the ability to let go some of those feeling that were probably there from the very get-go.
In this photo I'm holding some slippers I had found in my excitement and just had to buy. I hung them from the Christmas tree and felt so uplifted. Looking at this picture now, it just brings back all the heartache. Knowing that it wasn't our time to be parents yet and feeling so robbed!
Thank you everyone who is joining me on my daily grieving journey!

No comments:
Post a Comment