For today we are supposed to post what not to say to someone who has suffered a loss. Here are just a few that were bothersome to me.
You'll still have your neice's to take care of!
True, but I'm not their mother and I don't get to make life changing decisions for them. Nor do I get to experience the motherly bond that my sisters get to. I'm just the aunt who has no real purpose other then to spoil.
The right baby just hasn't found you yet!
One of our first nurse practitioners said this to me in the hopes that it would make me feel better. All it made me want to do was want to find another doctor.
Carlos and you need to get over it and be happy for your sister!
Not even a couple weeks after our first loss my sister found out she was expecting. She was afraid to tell us because of our loss and of how we would react. I sucked up my pride and congratulated her because I knew it was the right thing to do. Yet for some reason after that we kept getting told to suck up our feelings even more for her sake. I just didn't get it. I was happy, but I couldn't help but feel betrayed.
No comments:
Post a Comment