Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Treats Part 2



Ahhhhh! So I finally completed my chocolate Easter candies. It was supposed to be easy, but I guess I made it harder on myself somehow. I first thought it would be smart to put in a squeeze bottle  and just squeeze it in my tiny molds but somehow it was too thick. Then I tried to thin it out with milk and I really don't know what I was thinking. Basically I had to look up again how to melt chocolate because I was having a hard time, so becareful with that. I went to this site, which led me to another site http://www.informationvine.com/home-garden/holidays/easter/make-your-own-chocolate-bunny. Just make sure you don't go over 160 degrees and if you do it in a microwave do it in 30 second intervals. I got my molds off of etsy.com, but they originally came from crate and barrel.

      I also decided to do Easter peanut butter cups. First I did my Easter molds so that they would be ready when I finished my cups. For the pbc I just placed chocolate in a cupcake holder ( about a tbsp.) and stuck it in the frezzer. Then I pulled it out and spread peanut butter on top and stuck it back in. Then placed more chocolate on top. At that time I placed the my Easter molds on top and placed it one more time in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment