Sunday, April 22, 2012

My baby sister is married!!!!!







                Ahhhhhhh!!! Ok so after one heck of a week it was nice to wrap it up with the marraige of my new brother-in-law, Hector and my baby sister, Tina. It was a beautiful day and I don't think any of us could ask for a better day to celebrate such an occasion!

Boutonnieres
Brides Bouquet
                 I'm not going to dwell to much on the how to's. :) I got lucky and the week I got her flower and the stuff to go with was on sale. Yay! All the corsages, boutonnieres, and bouquets were made with three bunches of flowers. I bought a four leaf clover punch because I found on marthastewart.com a bouquet made with them and she liked that idea. It was supposed to be crepe paper, but I used felt. It would be easier to use the punch with paper of course though. Floral tape was wrapped around the bottoms of everything except the corsages. I used the floral tape to keep the corsages closed and then I tied with a ribbon. Only the bride and the corsages had the clovers. I wanted uniqueness between the bouquets. Then for the ribbon around the bouquets I tied in the front, went around the back and then I tied in the front again. To attach the clover, use floral tape, wrap around the stem of the clover gently and the attach wherever you'd like. That's pretty much it.

Wedding Cake
             So you know that moment when you  know you took on too much or just need to relax? That happened to me. I originally wanted to make a cake pop cake for my sister. I saw someone do it for a wedding and thought how neat that would be, but it back fired. :( It looked like plaster or cement and lets just say I think I have a while before I master the cake pop craze. :) So I made the now newly weds a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting of course! I tried to make the fondant black, but I'm a newby at that too and it turned marbaly, but it looked great! Added some ribbon and a chalkboard topper. Whala!









No comments:

Post a Comment