Saturday, May 19, 2012

Be your own Hallmark






May and the next few months from here on are always busy with birthdays, anniversaries and graduations to celebrate. I'm so glad that my crafty side is starting to flourish to help my with the little and sometimes big things. For Mother's day I decided to make all my cards. Can you believe how expensive cards are getting and how easy it is just to make your own? I also had a lot of small things to give so I made origami boxes  and attached pipe cleaners for handles. When it comes to cards you can go so many places. My imaginations took me to Eric Carle  style type painting.

Its really simple, but it just takes patience. You add one color and gently pull up on the tissue paper as you go along so that it doesn't stick and tear. Lay out some newspaper or parchment paper. I used parchment paper because I didn't have any, but it works really well. It lasted throughout all off the cards I had to do and I still have it for an art project later. Once the first color has dry you can add another and repeat the first few steps. When you are done you should have an Eric Carle  creation of your very own. :)

I also did a cut out card, which is the Abbey Road one. All I did was print out the picture and I originally wanted to trace and make a black cut out, but after looking at it I thought this would be way cooler.

For the origami boxes I got my instructions from this website http://mairuru.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-make-origami-box.html. I also made an origami gun for my dad and the link to that site is http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-gun.html.







One thing that I have learned is that the most simple things can be most remembered and cherished. I always love to see someones face light up just because I remembered and put some thought into it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment