Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Homemade Corn Dogs


So to celebrate our 3 year anniversary in May my husband and I had a carnival theme anniversary celebration! I was bummed to find out later that I could have made my own corn dogs. :( Oh well it was fun making these with my mom later though. It's always great to have an extra pair of hands in the kitchen when you need them. Especially veteran ones. :) I panicked cause at first the batter would not stay on the hot dogs but my mom was able to get it to stick and that is why some look better then others in the picture above. They all tastes great none the less. Bon Appetit!

  • 1 cup of flour
  • 2/3 cup corn meal
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne
  • 1 tsp. kosher salt
  • 3.4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 1 egg lightly beaten
  • Canola Oil for frying
  • 8 hot dogs of your choice
  • skewers
In a large bowl gather all of your dry ingredients together. Now add milk, buttermilk and egg, and whisk until smooth; now set aside. Pour oil about two inches deep into pan and wait until it reads 350 degrees before using. Skewer hot dog, dip into batter and then dip into the pan for about 3 minutes until golden brown. We didn't have skewers so we just used tongs to dip into the batter and lower into the pan. Another great idea would be to make little tiny ones for parties for kids or just for anytime in general. :) Once you've pulled out the corn dogs place them on a plate lined with paper towel to soak up the excess oil. When ready distribute to the lucky food tasters with sauce of their liking. :) Enjoy!

Links:

Linked to Adorned From Above

UndertheTableandDreamingToo Much Time On My Handsfingerprints on the fridgeEveryday Mom's Meals

10 comments:

  1. These look really good. My son will be indebted to you forever, he loves corn dogs. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-hair-gel-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for linking with "Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop". This is such a great recipe. Hope you link again this Wednesday.
      Debi Bolocofsky
      www.adornedfromabove.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I will definitely link again Wednesday.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much Debi! I'm glad to see that someone will enjoy this recipe as much I did. I will definitely link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys will love these! Im a new follower and I love your blog!
    riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking the other day I wanted to make some of these for my son. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Love seeing new faces. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Krista. Hope your son enjoys them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my kids would crown me "mom of the year" if I made this recipe for them!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! Glad you like the recipe. Enjoy and have a good night!

      Delete