Thursday, August 23, 2012

21st Birthday Bouquet


Back in May I made my parents an anniversary bouquet. So as a request from my sister for her 21st birthday I decided to make her one as well. Learning from the spontaneous adventure of making the first one I decided to put a little more thought on this one. I would suggest giving yourself a day at least to do it and probably have a buddy help you to make things move more quickly.

You will need:


  • Duck tape ( color of your choice)
  • Card stock, wooden sticks or sturdy paper straws
  • Floral Tape
  • 18 miniature bottles ( Micheal's sell these)
  • bucket
  • ribbon
  • tissue paper 
  • scissors
  • Glitter Glue (optional)
 I made duck tape flowers to place the bottles in. I would start out by cutting out all the pieces you will need.  You will need about 500 squares that are about 2x2 inches. Then you will need to shape all those pieces into what will look like little houses.
                         

Now places about 24 pieces around each bottle so that they look like the petals of a flower. 

When I tried holding up the bottles with the straws I wrapped duck tape around the straw first leaving some of the sticky part at the top so it can attach to the flower. Then I took four small strips and wrap it around the bottom of the flower and the straw. Now I took floral tape and wrapped that over the duck tape. It kind of reinforces the stem and everything together. I found this method is best used in a bouquet of less then five in a small bottle.
                   

I used card stock with mine and it worked perfectly. Just roll each piece up and apply tape to keep from rolling open. Now just like we did with the paper straw do that same method except you won't need to place floral tape. 
                                     

Place all the flower bottles on the bucket now. They should be able to stay up on their own and you can now place any beverage of your choice in them. I forgot to mention that I brushed glitter glue on my flowers but that is totally up to you. Now you can add tissue paper and ribbon and you'll be all done!


4 comments:

  1. Fun idea. Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you will link up again. The party will be live tonight. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christina,
    What a creative idea. This is so cute. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you very much, Debi! I can't wait to give it to her tommorow! :) Of course I'll be stopping by the party!

    ReplyDelete