Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Chalkboard Paint
I always see great ideas to use chalkboard paint. In fact the whole reason I got the chalkboard paint was to make my own menu for dinner during the week and help us stay on track, which I did. Let me tell ya though. This paint is addictive and I've already thought of a million other ways I want to use it.
Now you can make your own paint, which I've seen people do or you can go to a home improvement store, Wal-Mart or craft store. I got mine at Home Depot for 9.99, for a 32 oz. can. If you plan on painting on wood or metal you will need primer and that's another 5.00. I got a thing to pour my paint in and a heavy duty brush (for my bigger projects). I just used a small art paint brush for the spice rack.
When doing the labels all you need to do is paint, dry, paint and dry. Then wait 3 days before writing on.
For my menu, it was a double coat of primer because I used an old cookie sheet. Let it dry for 24 hours. Then I did a double coat of chalk paint on both side because I wasn't sure which side I wanted to use. Now just wait 3 day for it to set and your all set!
Now I wanted to use chalkboard pens on the spice rack, but you won't believe how expensive they are. In fact I think Target has them for the cheapest, $15.00. I saw them online for $20+. So we settled for 99 cent chalk and it gave us 32 pieces!
Well have fun creating!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Check here for reasonably priced chalk markers. It isn't as cheap as chalk but still pretty good priced.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the chalkboard project.
Thanks! I'll check it out!
Delete