Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy Saturday!!


How is everyone doing this fine Saturday afternoon? Things are surprisingly quiet over here and I kind of can't wait to get out on the town and have some fun. I've actually done a  few things in the past couple of days that might be relevant to your weekend shenanigans. I learned how to make my own toaster pastries. This actually was a must in this house because I am constantly running out of things to eat for breakfast and sometimes just skip right on to lunch because it just seems more logical. The best thing about this is that it's so easy to make. All you need is pie dough and your favorite filling like fruit preserves or Nutella.   I tried making my own dough and I don't think I've either mastered the technique or found the right recipe yet. If you want to take the easy way out just go get the dough in the refrigerated isles of the supermarket. I want to try the dough recipe in my Julia Child book next, but that will be for another time, another day.


Ok the next one is basically something we've all done before and isn't really that new, but I wanted to share anyway. You know how you have that feeling sometimes of "Oh man I don't want to cook, but don't want to order take out either"? Well that was me last night. On almost every given night I will cook a meal that will range from 30 minutes to an hour. Thursday I did Mac & Cheese with 5 types of cheese and ziti pasta instead of the usual macaroni. So I decided yesterday I would make a pizza with Pillsbury already made dough, turkey pepperoni , cheddar cheese and Classico's pizza sauce. It's took under 20 minutes and tasted pretty awesome!



My husband's grandpa is currently fighting cancer. He is such a caring, funny and loving person that it's hard to see him have to go through something like this. I always want to be of helping hand and of course in this situation it kind of makes one feel helpless to stop his pain. That's why I was so excited when I found a recipe for ginger syrup by accident yesterday.  It's suppose to help with nausea in pregnancy, sickness and those undergoing chemo. I got the recipe from Tip Garden. I can't wait to give this to him and know that it's one less thing that he has to worry about. :)

Have a great weekend everyone!!



No comments:

Post a Comment