Monday, July 9, 2012

Oooooh I wonder, wonder, wonder ooooo I do....


It's kind of funny how I've had this old commercial jingle stuck in my head for quite sometime now. I wish they had them still available in stores still. Any who I decided to take that concept and make a cat treat out of it. :) Are you ready? Lets get started.



Kitty Wonder Ball Treat


  • 2 cups of white rice flour
  • 2 tbsp. dry milk
  • 1/8 tsp. sea salt
  • 5 oz. can of tuna
  • 2 eggs
  • Cat treats
  • 2 tbsp. water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.



Start out by whisking the eggs and tuna together. Then gradually add milk, sea salt and rice flour. I used my 
mixer for the flour part. 



Pour out dough on lightly floured surface and knead together. 

 


Now start pulling apart and make them into small spheres. Push down in the middle of one and place treat. Then close and make into a sphere again. Do this until there is no dough. It makes about 20 treats. 



Place the treats on a parchment lined pan and brush water on the tops of them. Then put them in the oven for 20 minutes. 



Once they are finished take out and cool before giving to your furry friend. I would give the treats a 1 week shelf life and place them in the refrigerator.



Most likely they will need help breaking the treat apart, but they'll be excited to see a double treat!


Sew Chatty 




2 comments:

  1. Great recipe for kitty treats!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hope the rest of your week is wonderful!

      Delete