Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Canvas Crazy!








I decided recently that my magazine frames were just not going to cut it anymore. So I bought some 4x4 canvas's to make the most of my project and guess what they were buy one get one so I got even more bank for my buck! I then proceeded to print the picture of my choice. I did these on just normal paper, but you can use printable vinyl as well. If you use paper like I did glue under first and smooth out the glue before applying the picture. I used mod podge for mine. I just recently bought a set of those crazy scissors, so I used those to make each pictures edges unique. If you want you can apply a coat of mod podge carefully over the picture to give it a glossy look. When I say this I truly mean it or else your picture will smear! You can apply a design around the edges. I just left mine plain for now!



Now I did a bunch of small ones, but what was really cool was I remember seeing paintings in a puzzle/canvas like fashion. I thought wouldn't be wonderful if I did it with one of wedding photos and I did! :)
It came out great don't you think! Basically I just glued the big picture over and then cute with a craft knife. The hard part for me was hanging it up.


Back Link:

The Thrifty Home

9 comments:

  1. This looks really neat. I love the puzzle quality to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina,
    This is so pretty.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so great! I love that puzzle idea!
    I'm thrilled to be your newest follower and would love it if you could return the follow if you get the chance and wish to :)
    Best,
    Sapir
    coffeebooksandairplanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow it looks so good! i love it!

    have a great night! drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nicholl! I'll definitely drop by sometime. Have a great rest of the week.

      Delete
  5. Hi Christina,
    This is the cutest idea. I think I may do this too. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/reeses-smore-brownies-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete